As we prepare for the start of the fall semester, University Recreation programming guidelines have been updated to help mitigate the spread of the COVID-19 Delta Variant and keep the MSU community safe and well. We will continue to closely monitor evolving conditions and make changes to our operations as needed.
General Sanderson Requirements
- When entering and traversing the Sanderson Center, all members will be required to wear a mask covering both their nose and mouth.
- Participants may remove their masks at their workout station(s).
- When moving from one piece of equipment to another, participants are required to wear their masks.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet is expected of everyone in the facility.
- Spotters must wear masks.
Main Gym / Auxiliary Gym
The courts in the Main Gym and Auxiliary Gym are open. Participants may remove their masks during play. Spectators and those waiting to play are required to wear masks at all times. Physical distancing of at least 6 feet is expected.
- Badminton – limited to 2 v 2
- Basketball – limited to 4 v 4
- Soccer/Futsal – limited to 4 v 4
- Volleyball – limited to 4 v 4
- Table Tennis – limited to 1 v 1
- Racquetball - limited to 1 v 1
- 6’ physical distancing required.
- Climbers may remove their masks while climbing.
Strength & Conditioning Room Capacity
Level 2 Capacity
Cardio Lounge Capacity
Group Exercise Classes
Patrons attending group exercise classes will be spaced a minimum of 6’ apart and may remove their mask during class instruction. Some classes may be moved to larger spaces or outdoors (weather permitting).
- When not in the pool, all patrons must wear masks and maintain 6’ of physical distance.
- Maximum 4 swimmers per lane.
- No congregating at lane ends.
Outdoor Competitive Sports
Participants must wear masks when not playing or be physically distanced by 6’.
Masks required except when showering