Pool Parties & Events
The swimming pool at the Sanderson Center is available for parties, competitions, and other activities. Special camps and groups should make a request for a party at least 1 week in advance by calling 662-325-7946. Pool parties may follow the link below to schedule and event. Scheduling an event does not grant exclusive use of the pool. Sections of the pool will remain available to our members.
Scheduling & FeesSchedule a Party
Parties are available during the following time slots:
Saturdays from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Saturdays from 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Saturdays from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Sundays from 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Parties include natatorium usage for up to 25 swimmers for your party (number does not include chaperones). The price of a two hour pool party is $149.
- Guests are only allowed to use the facility during the approved time.
- Shoes are required while walking through the facility.
- Running is not permitted on the pool deck.
- Parties are restricted to the shallow side of the pool, unless authorized to enter the deep side of pool.
- Anyone allowed into the deep side of the pool must pass a swim test.
- The lifeguards reserve the right to restrict any swimmer to the shallow side.
- Weak or non-swimmers must wear a life-vest (provided) and be within an arms-reach of an adult (in the shallow side).
- Glass containers, bandages, and chewing gum are not allowed.
- Excessive or dangerous horseplay is not allowed (flips, standing on shoulders, piggy-back rides, dunking, etc).
- Vulgar, offensive music, or offensive actions are not allowed. All music must be kept at a reasonable level.
- All food must remain in the natatorium or on the sun deck.
- Guests are restricted to the swimming pool and locker rooms. They are not allowed into other parts of the facility.
- Guests are responsible for setup and cleanup. A $100 cleanup fee will be charged, if the natatorium and sun deck are not properly cleaned after a rental.
- Guests are responsible for picking up trash and personal items.
- Lifeguards are responsible for sweeping / washing the deck and emptying trashcans.
- Please keep chairs, tables, and personal belongings clear of exits and rescue equipment.
- Guests are responsible for replacing any broken facility equipment.
- To receive a refund for a pool party, cancellation must be completed at least 7 days prior to the party date.
- All guests must obey the lifeguards at all times. Individuals who fail to abide by University Recreation and Aquatics policies will be asked to leave the facility.
- The Department of University Recreation is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
- We hope you have an enjoyable and safe time at our facility. If you have any questions or problems, please call 662-325-7946. If you have any problems during your visit, please find the nearest lifeguard.
- The Department of University Recreation is not responsible for parking or restrictions that may be imposed by other events on campus. You may contact Parking Services or Athletics for information about parking changes.