RecPlex Attendants are students employed within the Mississippi State University Competitive Sports Program. They are trained to maintain and prepare RecPlex facilities including Softball Fields, Multi-Purpose Fields, and Fresh Fields. RecPlex Attendants make decisions based on the risk management adherence throughout all playing areas of the facilities to ensure safety of participants.
The rate of pay is $8.25/hour with the opportunity to work year-round.
This position offers flexible scheduling with most hours worked Sunday-Thursday mornings and/or afternoons. Shifts are based out of the RecPlex and Fresh Fields.
Students who are degree-seeking and enrolled at MSU are eligible for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with the organization (set-up and break-down) of Tournaments, Special Events, and other University Recreation-Sponsored Activities
- Assist with the organization (set-up and break-down) of field space for Intramural and Club Sports Programs
- Repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities (as necessary)
- Ensure health and safety of participants via all facilities including Multi-Purpose Fields, Softball Fields, Tennis Courts, and Outdoor Bathrooms
- Includes cleaning bathrooms, garage/shed spaces, equipment, taking out trash
- Attend and actively participate at New-Hire Trainings (required field)
- Attend and actively participate at Competitive Sports Staff Meetings
- Other duties as assigned by Competitive Sports Coordinators
- Degree-seeking and enrolled at Mississippi State University
- Maintain good academic standing (Minimum GPA: 2.5)
- Ability to work Sunday-Thursday nights
- Capability to meet the physical requirements of the jobs
Competitive Sports Coordinator