The primary function of the Birthday Party Host is to assist parents and children with birthday parties and maintain positive customer relations.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist parents and children at birthday parties. Set-up and takedown of all birthday party equipment.
- Maintain positive customer relations. Control access to the Auxiliary Gym insuring that only birthday party participants are given access. Maintain birthday party equipment.
- Complete post birthday party reports.
- Ensure that patrons are abiding by Sanderson Center policies. Report disturbances and other incidents to the Facilities Coordinator.
- Report all injuries; notify emergency services when necessary.
- Submit appropriate injury report forms. Ensure that all facilities offer a safe environment; report any necessary equipment or facility repairs to the Facilities Coordinator.
- Make suggestions regarding improvements for the program.
- Perform other duties as requested by professional staff.
Be accepted as a student within any academic unit of the university Experience in human relations highly desirable Hold current American Red Cross CPR / FIRST AID / AED certifications Maintain good academic standing (2.5/4.0 GPA) Great Customer Service Skills.
4-8 hours per week
Starting Pay Rate
In providing recreational programs and services to the university community, the Birthday Party Host works in cooperation with other members of the birthday party staff, Graduate Assistants, Facilities Coordinator and the Director as well as other student staff members.