RecPlex Field/Ground Crew
Contact Person: Steven Knecht
Phone: (662) 325-0021
The RecPlex Field/Ground Crew will maintain and prepare RecPlex softball fields, multipurpose fields, and club sports fields. RecPlex Crew members will perform risk management checks to ensure playing areas are safe for participants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To gain knowledge of the RecPlex, Intramural Sport Program, Sports Clubs Program, facilities, policies, and procedures.
- Setup for tournaments, special events, and University Recreation Sponsored activities
- Assist Intramural Supervisors with Intramural setup
- Completes Daily "To Do List" and ASA safety forms as required
- Repair and maintenance of equipment and facilities when needed
- Perform risk management tasks to ensure safety of all RecPlex facilities and fields
- Carry out opening and closing procedures
- Clean up of all RecPlex facilities and fields
- Follow established RecPlex handbook
- Other duties as assigned by professional staff
Starting Pay Rate: $8.25/ hr.
Time: 4 - 20 hours per week
- Be accepted as a student within any academic unit of the university
- Maintain good academic standing (2.5/4.0)
Must be willing to do physical labor, including: heavy lifting, shoveling, raking, etc.
Reports To: Competitive Sports Coordinator and Graduate Assistants for Competitive Sports.